May 19, 2018
- Zilliqa leverages PoW for sybil attacks, establishing identities and performing sharding. However it achieves consensus through practical BFT in each shard.
- The most unique speciality of Zilliqa is linear scalability which means it processes more tps as more mining nodes join the network. It’s the opposite in almost every blockchain project.
- Very qualified team with a strong academic background. (one of my highschool friends took a class with their CSA Prateek Saxona at Berkeley in 2009 and he calls him pretty smart guy) Amrit Kumar is also a well known name in crypto-academic circles
- Zilliqa is developing a non Turing complete, I/O Automata based smart contract language called Scilla, they claim that not all apps require a Turing complete language and it becomes possible to prove interesting safety and liveness properties about a non
- Turing complete program such as the funds never get locked, etc. Interesting approach IMHO
- The biggest critic comes from eth devs and they say that there is no state sharding in Zilliqa (Ethereum is planning to use state sharding in the future) However Zil’s team’s conclusion was that there still isn’t a state sharding scheme that is secure enough, but they are open for future implementations.
- They have Bluzelle and Genaro partnerships (Distributed storage) NEO also invested in Zilliqa
- Lately Indonesian bank BNI said that they will use a private blockchain system called Anquan which is powered by Zilliqa for remittances and trade finance.
- Lack of strong marketing, too much(asian level) nerdy team. Anyways their community is getting stronger everyday.
Zilliqa may be a real permissionless high throughput blockchain solution with its unique linear scalability. I expect an ADA like run from it when its mainnet release approaches (sometime in q3) %5-10 of all portfolio can be invested imho (mine is %11)