June 28, 2018
- Creators will license their content while keeping their rights
- They are starting with images
- Founders are from israel
- They claim they alread have thousands of photos and many photgraphers (would be in pros section if I could fact check)
- They start with photos because in photos middleman get 85% of revenue while in apps/games 30%, music 30%, ebooks 40-60%
- They are raising $1-8M
- CEO was a digital marketer SEO guy
- They got Lars Perkins (creator of picassa) and some other digittal photo people as advisors.
- They have private VC funding
- Marketplace (blockchain) will take 15% fee… lol
- Founders aren’t awesome
- “In order to sell your photos on Wemark, you have to verify your account by uploading a copy of your identification certificate” It is centralized
- They have “Content review & moderation” - centralized!
- Copyrights claims & disputes -> “Wemark will communicate with all the relevant parties and use standard practices to determine the owner of each photo.” - centralized!
- It is highly centralized, I don’t see any benefit from all their competitors other than decreased fees.