January 28, 2018
- Skycoin uses Obelisk, BFT like sync system using game theory to validate transactions. No PoW like consensus, just consensus based on time.
- Obelisk can halt or the network can slow down with attacks. Manual fixing (blocking bad actors on individual base) would be needed in those cases.
- Skywire allows sharing bandwidth. There are free and premium bandwidth which individuals can charge.
- Skywire will be the 1000x potential application. If it can be a mesh network where gamers can pay for premium bandwidth and decreased their ping around 20-30% it will be a game changer. They should focus on gamers first. I haven’t seen any attempts from the team to market Skywire to gamers.
- SkyLedger, a platform similar to Ethereum’s ERC20 with individual chains for each application.
- It has the potential to Moon (Market potential is trillions of $)
- Has/Will have hardwares (Skyminer, SkyAnttenna, SkyWallet etc..)
- Team is very strong technically.
- The SmartContract languages are Go-like but it kinda sucks. They are allocating more than necessary resources on this project and market it like it’s a game changer, but it’s not.
- They say they have a few secrets which they haven’t shared yet so market can’t beat them.
- The core team is based in China but has offices all around the world.
- Has more than 80 people working.
- Has been around for 7 years and has pivoted multiple times. They are a few years ahead of their competitors.
- Their GitHub is amazing. Compared to other projects, development speed looks a lot faster.
- They have the core ledger built (blockchain). Almost everything else is going to be built. Obelisk is not built yet. Not sure what consensus algorithm they’re using at the moment.
- Has Lead Dev from Ethereum and Core devs from Bitcoin
- Synth (kind of like CEO) is extremely smart and troll.
- This project does a lot of different projects. Obelisk and Skywire can be the game changers.
Skycoin is a project that we all need. Trustless, borderless mesh network is one of the most needed applications that can be built by using Blockchain. I see a few ways the Skycoin can fail:
- Synth is a troll, the culture is toxic. They’ll lose the trust of the community by acting unprofessionally.
- Skywire won’t be able to deliver its promises.
- They’ll invest resources on too many not so valuable projects like KittyCash, CX, SkyAntenna etc.
They should just focus on Skywire and dominate the market as soon as possible. This is a controversial project. There are too many risks but the rewards may be amazing.
Smart team, great tech, suck at marketing, the team is too troll which may hurt the coin & the ecosystem.