May 09, 2018
- Founder of Ontology is also the founder of Onchain & its chief Architect
- The company onchain works on both NEO and Ontology.
- Ontology value will grow if NEO grows. But finishing the roadmap might take 5-10 years.
- 112,521,513/1,000,000,000 Circulating/Total 90% of it is owned by team & investors. Only 10% is being publicly traded.
- High activity on github. Most of their developers still work on Onchain? They are contributing to Onchains DNA repo.
- No one I’m following on twitter knows about Ontology yet. In general the western people I’m following don’t know about Chinese projects. Westerners are recently learning about Cardano and Nebulas. This means high upside.
- Likely to be top 15 and won’t get out of top 50.
- They seem to be a different team than NEO, except 1-2 people.
- Difference between NEO developers and ONT developers: NEO developers aren’t working, ONT developers are working hard.
- Sequoia Capital China, Danhua Capital, DHVC, Matrix Partners, ZhenFund invested. (Verified)
- VCs post less than 5% of their investment on Linkedin writing Investor in X in profile. But they listed Ontology.
- Who’s actually in the team isn’t very clear. Few people are clear but they don’t show up in western social networks so can’t verify.
- From their content they definitely have people experienced in creating blockchains and academics in the field. Just couldn’t find them.
- They are targeting a few big problems at once, while the westerns are really bad at that kind of projects, Chinese are very good.
- Is clearly a better project than NEO.
- Its technology and how it works isn’t clear.
- High amount of the supply is owned by the team & investors that are locked up.
- Red flag: Supply Information Update: The Circulating Supply has been adjusted to exclude all privately allocated and team controlled tokens. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ontology/
I expect ONT to pass NEO in market cap.