March 12, 2018
- Origin: Asia
- Github has recent activities
- Good design (https://www.omise.co/about)
- They are hiring
- Vitalik Buterin, Gavin Wood and Roger Ver are advisors.
- Founder of Lightning Network, Tendermint, Cosmos, Golem advises them.
- Trying to build a banking infrastructure.
- They have SDK for crypto & fiat currencies, loyalty points, game credits.
- The idea isn’t completely clear.
- Completely dependant on Ethereum Plasma.
- OmiseGO is a subsidiary of Omise, a leading online payment gateway service provider operating in Southeast Asia. Which raised $20M VC money.
- Got advisor from southeast asia 3rd largest bank manager.
- Most of the team have strong experiences in banking, finance, credit card companies.
- One developer seems to be lead developer at Ethereum Viper programming language.
- CTO seems to be weak.
- They claim they somehow do decentralized exchange? Need to check it out?
- How does it transfer fiat currencies?
- Why should OMG token increase in value as it is used?
- Look again sometime
- Project doesn’t seem impressive except for people backing them.