February 28, 2018
- Secure, private untraceable cryptocurrency.
- No way to link transactions, trace history.
- Seems to be better store of value and transaction system than Bitcoin. But isn’t being so heavily developed on like BTC.
- Bytecoin fork but marketed properly and developed on.
- Uses the CryptoNote algorithm.
- Had a totally legit distribution of coins.
- Development funded by opening requests and users funding them.
- Anonymous coin has mostly anonymous team. This is a plus in this kind of project.
- Doesn’t have a real leader, no one is really taking charge in the project. A few of lead maintainers became the public face of Monero.
- No team is working fulltime on the project.
- Has inflation
- All blockchains being open and transparent will eventually lead to countries spying and force taxing users. This might lead everyone to adopt more anonymous coins and Monero might get into top 3 because of this.
- Currently industry standard of the privacy coins.
- One of the most actively used cryptocurrencies. Specifically in illegal industries and hiding assets.
- Project not moving forward. Stagnation might lead to death.
Most legit store of value coin after BTC. But it probably won’t increase in rank and is not a good investment.