July 12, 2018
- They are trying to build a decentralized, distributed messaging app. (decentralized slack) Slack’s estimated valuation is about $8.3 Billion as of 2018, according to forbes.
- MFT token will be used to keep the network running, also it can be used in the marketplace of mainframe platform.
- Network built upon five fundamental principles : Encryption,Peer-to-Peer Architecture, Interoperability, Dark Routing, Incentivization.
- They don’t have any advisors but some of the investors could also be supporting the project as advisors.
- Lars Rasmussen, creator of Google Maps and chief engineer of Facebook in London is an investor.
- George Ell, director of western Europe for Tesla is an investor.
- Their first product, “Onyx”, is available.
- Product is good on paper. The network is untrackable, can’t be censored or shut-down.
- The product can be implemented on existing messaging apps.
- CEO and some other team members founded “Zinch” which was acquired by “Chegg” later.
- Connection with Google, Facebook and Tesla, through their investors.
- They have been working on mainframe for a long time, they mentioned in techcrunch in 2015. (https://techcrunch.com/2015/12/07/mainframe-combines-the-best-of-slack-and-email/)
- Onyx still need some time to be fully functional.
- No clear roadmap, only milestones are available but no specific date is stated.
- No partnerships.
- Could be hard to take over messaging industry since there are several successful competitors in the market such as slack,discord etc.
- Ian Balina shill.
- They created hype and didn’t let the average investors to invest to create unmet demand which is mostly seen in Ian Balina shills.
Compromised data and censorship have been a serious issue in recent years, on paper they solve this problem, if they build the fully working product and establish partnerships, they can be a competitor of Slack ($8.3 Billion valuation.)