August 11, 2018
- CEO and CTO are amazing. CTO can explain blockchain in Laymen’s terms.
- Team is capable of delivering their promoses
- Technology is patented. I don’t think this is a huge deal unlike many others. They are making a business. Patents are not as bad as the crypto community thinks. It’s not a killer for the project.
- They have raised $100M privately. Now they are raising another $20M giving the same price of pre-sale which is really nice for late comers. However, they do only allow accredited investors in this public fundraising. Average Joe doesn’t have the ability to invest. This is mostly due to US regulations. It’d have been better if everyone could join.
- Public fundraising: The minimum per person is US$1,000. The maximum per person is US$250,000.
- The total supply of tokens is fixed at 50 billion tokens. I’m not sure why there isn’t any inflation. Predictable inflation stablizes the economy. I’m sure they thought it really well and know better than me, however, I think this might have a chance to hurt the project in long term.
- Founder tokens are locked up to 8 years which is a significantly long time. This shows their trust in themselves and the project.
- Hedera Hashgraph uses DAG. So far every DAG in production had issues. Hashgraph team is more capable so, this might be one of the first DAG which might actually work. (another one might be avalanche). I will not go too deep in the tech. Contact me if you have question regarding tech.
- Is a direct competitor of EOS. Not sure if it’ll be used as a payment gateway, but more likely it’ll be used as a fast and cheap dApp platform. We still couldn’t figure out how to make use of dApps. Once we figure that out, Hedera Hashgraph might be one of the dominant players
A good project to hedge as a value investor