August 11, 2018
- Implements MimbleWimble and Cuckoo Cycle PoW.
- First implementation of MimbleWimble.
- Same degree of privacy compared to Monero but consumes fewer resources. Not order of magnitude less though
- The team looks capable. Rust is good design choice for a system like Grin.
- Core dev ignopeverell or Ignotus Peverell is anonymous
- MimbleWimble is interactive meaning both parties need to send each other information. This doesn’t mean they both have to be online. The protocol can work async. In banking industry or bitcoin only the sender needs to send information meaning it’s non-interactive. In my opinion interactive transactions are a single order of magnitude worse than non-interactive transactions.
- Technology might be used in some niche setup but I don’t think it can be used in consumer blockchains like Ethereum or Bitcoin.
Nice tech but won’t have real world retail use cases. Is not 10x better than Monero thus can’t win consumer private transactions market.