May 06, 2018
- Each account needs to be paid in order to keep open thus incentivises deleting accounts
- They are using almost everything from already created techs.
- They are trying to become an oracle blockchain(binding real-world data w blockchain data)
- Oracle creator stakes a coin to provide a yes/no question answer to the chain. If another person also provides an answer and if they are not the same the blockchain consensus decides who’s data is right or wrong. Which may have a lot of risks in real-world trials.
- Naval & nick Szabo follow their old CTO Zack Hess
- Their whitepaper is technical in-depth
- Cuckoo Cycle Pow, John Tromp has created this and he is their advisor
- Really active GitHub
- Plagiarism %7 with the lightning network, %6 with solidity
- They say state channels is innovation but it seems like a copy of the lightning network
- Their old CTO(Zack) has left Aeternity to work on his new project where he tweeted this: which says his newer blockchain is better https://twitter.com/zack_bitcoin/status/990177154863378432
- Here is the progress report on Oracle tech by Ex-CTO: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/progress_reports/April_2018.md
- They have banned Zack from Aeternity: https://twitter.com/zack_bitcoin/status/904056622523138048
- The founder Yanis looks more like a softcore developer, he doesn’t seem to understand the tech very well.
- Zack explains why he left, the Aeternity team looks incapable of holding good players: https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/amoveo/blob/master/docs/why_I_left.md
- Doruk says they have changed another CTO after Zack. So their tech will probably never work.
I think the team is doing an okay job at marketing. They’ve pumped the coin to top 30 and have a unique selling point so the coin could go much higher before people realize its tech doesn’t work
The aeternity core team can not build great tech and they are incapable of holding great develepors thus I see no way of their platform being useful.